For ‘Free Plan’ and ‘Exhibitor Pro Plan’ users:
The Exhibit allows artists, curators, and commercial galleries to exhibit a wide variety of contemporary art forms including:
- oil, acrylic and watercolour paintings
- etchings, lithographs, lino prints, monoprints, wood block prints and other print media
- charcoal, pastel, pencil, pen and ink drawings and sketches
- works on paper
- collage and assemblage
- metal, stone and wooden sculpture
- digital art
- textile art and weaving
- and traditional and indigenous art forms
If it’s an original artwork and you can photograph it, you can exhibit it!
However, please keep in mind these three things when selecting artwork for your exhibition:
- If you haven’t created the artwork yourself, you will need to have sort permission from the artist to exhibit it.
- Your artwork must be an original or limited edition piece. The Exhibit doesn’t allow for the exhibition of unlimited commercial reproductions and poster prints.
- Your exhibition must have more than two artworks in it. If not, this would be classified as a single artwork listing and not an exhibition! :)
For ‘Collections Pro’ users:
If you are a cultural institution using our Collections Pro plan you are able to exhibit a wider range of historical artworks, objects, documents, publications and artefacts such as the following:
- Historical artworks and art objects in all media types
- Archaeological artefacts
- Natural science specimens
- Ethnographic objects
- Social history objects and documents
- Man-made objects, machinery, transport and electronic items
- Photographs and associated photographic materials
- Books, publications, letters, and documents
If it’s a collection item or loaned object and you can photograph it, you can exhibit it!
However, please keep in mind these three things when selecting items for your exhibition:
- If the object isn’t in the public domain, you will need to have sort copyright permission to exhibit the object online from the relevant copyright holder or copyright agency prior to including it in your online exhibition.
- The exhibited object must be a legitimate collection or loan object. The Exhibit doesn’t allow for the exhibition of unlimited commercial reproductions and poster prints.
- Your exhibition must have more than two artworks or objects in it. If not this would be classified as a single listing and not an exhibition! :)